Monday, June 28, 2010

Working for the Studio


It took a few years for my wife, Michelle, to convince me to sell our place in Brisbane and move down to the NSW north coast. Looking back, I'm not sure why it took her so long (perhaps because I am not such a good listener at home - always working on photos - always distracted). It seems though, we now have the best of both worlds.

We live somewhere incredibly beautiful that is really hard to beat. We are lucky enough to be surrounded everyday by some of the best beaches, best small towns, best coffee shops (Michelle threw that one in) and simply, stunning scenery. Yet, we are only a short drive away from Brisbane and, thankfully, this means that I can still work with those that inspired me to get into full-time, professional photography in the first place!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to shoot a Wedding and an Engagement party for Studio 60 in Brisbane. Jason Starr has been somewhat of a mentor to me over the years and his work is simply inspiring, check it out at www.studio60.com.au.

The wedding was a fairytale affair: beautiful bride, beautiful location and tons of family and friends to really bring it all to life. Thanks to Jason for inviting me along.

1 comment: